As winter takes its gentle hold on Marbella, the town undergoes a magical transformation, inviting visitors to experience its festive charm. In this blog, we explore the allure of Marbella in December, discussing the cost of visiting during the holiday season, considerations for booking, the possibility of dining al fresco, and the delightful culinary experiences that await.
Is It Expensive to Visit Marbella in December?
December in Marbella offers a unique blend of festive ambiance without the peak summer prices. While the Christmas week may see a slight increase in prices, the overall cost of visiting during December tends to be more reasonable compared to the peak summer months. The town adopts a serene and welcoming atmosphere, making it an excellent time for those seeking a festive escape without breaking the bank.
Should You Book to Come to Marbella in December?
Booking your December escape to Marbella is highly recommended, especially if you plan to visit during the Christmas week. The festive season attracts visitors seeking a charming holiday experience, and accommodations may fill up quickly. To secure the best rates and availability, consider booking in advance, taking advantage of early booking discounts, and ensuring a stress-free holiday in this Mediterranean winter paradise.
Can You Eat Al Fresco in December in Marbella?
While the temperatures in December are cooler than the summer months, al fresco dining remains a delightful option in Marbella for the most part. Many restaurants provide outdoor seating areas equipped with heaters and cosy blankets to keep patrons comfortable. The festive lights and decorations create a magical atmosphere, making dining under the open sky a charming experience during the holiday season.
What Can You Do in December in Marbella?
- Christmas Markets: Explore the vibrant Christmas markets that pop up in and around Marbella during December. These markets offer a variety of festive treats, handmade crafts, and a joyful holiday atmosphere.
- Holiday Events: Attend holiday events and celebrations happening throughout the town, including Christmas concerts, parades, and traditional Spanish festivities. One such event is the annual Christmas Lights switch on in nearby Malaga.
- Winter Beach Strolls: Enjoy leisurely walks along Marbella’s beaches, taking in the fresh sea air and the sound of gentle waves. The winter coastline offers a tranquil and picturesque setting.
- Golfing: December is an excellent time for golf enthusiasts to experience Marbella’s world-class golf courses. The mild temperatures and fewer crowds provide an ideal setting for a round of golf.
- Culinary Delights: Indulge in the rich culinary offerings of Marbella during the holiday season. From traditional Spanish holiday dishes to international cuisine, the town’s diverse restaurants cater to all tastes.
Marbella in December unfolds as a festive haven, offering a unique and enchanting experience for those seeking a winter escape. Whether you’re drawn to the festive lights, the cosy al fresco dining, or the array of holiday events, Marbella in December provides a serene and magical backdrop for a memorable winter getaway. So, pack your layers, embrace the festive spirit, and discover the winter charm of this Mediterranean jewel.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
News, stories, interviews, guides, dreamy travel and fun.