8 Questions You Must Ask Your Holiday Rental Agents
- How often is the property checked?
- What is included in the rental price?
- Are there any additional fees?
- What is the cancellation policy?
- Who cleans the property?
- Is there a cleaning fee?
- What are the risks?
- What insurance is recommended for accidents?
Think you know it all about the world of renting a holiday property? These eighth questions might teach you something new!
1. How often is the property checked?
You will want to know how often the property is inspected by the rental company. This is important information to have so that you can be sure that the property is being maintained and kept in good condition.
2. What is included in the rental price?
Be sure to ask what is included in the rental price. This way, you will know exactly what you are paying for and what is not included. Often, things like utilities, linens, and towels are not included in the rental price.
3. Are there any additional fees?
Inquire about any additional fees that may be associated with the rental. These fees can include things like cleaning fees, pet fees, or damage deposits. By asking about them upfront, you can avoid any surprises later on.
4. What is the cancellation policy?
It is always a good idea to ask about the cancellation policy before you book a holiday rental. This way, you will know what to expect if you need to cancel your reservation for any reason.
5. Who cleans the property?
- When you are considering renting a holiday property, it is important to ask the rental agent who will be responsible for cleaning the property. You will want to know if the property will be cleaned before you arrive and after you depart. If not, you may need to make arrangements for cleaning yourself.
- It is also important to ask about the frequency of cleaning. Some holiday rental properties are cleaned daily, while others are only cleaned once a week. If you have specific needs or preferences, be sure to discuss them with the rental agent.
- Finally, you should ask about the cost of cleaning services. In some cases, cleaning is included in the price of rent. In other cases, there may be an additional charge for cleaning services. Be sure to get all the details from the rental agent before making a decision.
6. Is there a cleaning fee?
Before you book a holiday rental, be sure to ask your agent some important questions. One of the most important questions is whether there is a cleaning fee. Some rentals include a cleaning fee in the price, while others do not. Be sure to ask about this so that you know what to expect.
Another important question to ask is whether the rental includes linens and towels. Some rentals provide these items for guests, while others do not. If you will need to bring your own linens and towels, be sure to ask about this in advance.
Finally, be sure to ask about any other fees that may be associated with the rental. These can include things like security deposits, pet fees, and utilities. Be sure to ask about all of these things before you book your rental. By asking these important questions, you can be sure that you know what to expect from your holiday rental.
7. What are the risks?
When you’re renting a holiday home, it’s important to be aware of the potential risks involved. There are a few key questions you should ask your rental agent in order to help mitigate these risks.
- Firstly, ask about the security of the property. Is there an alarm system? Are the doors and windows fitted with locks? What kind of neighbourhood is it located in? It’s also worth checking to see if the property has insurance in case of any damage or theft.
- Secondly, enquire about any potential hazards on the property. Are there any steep drop-offs or bodies of water nearby? Are there any areas that are not fenced off? Is the property located in a bushfire-prone area? Knowing about any potential hazards will help you to avoid them and stay safe during your holiday.
Asking these questions before you rent a holiday home will help you to be aware of the risks involved. By being informed and taking precautions, you can help to ensure that your holiday is enjoyable and safe.
8. What insurance is recommended for accidents?
It is always a good idea to have insurance when travelling, especially if you are renting a car or staying in a holiday rental property. Accidents can happen anywhere, so it is best to be prepared. Your holiday rental agent should be able to recommend a good insurance policy that will cover you in the event of an accident.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
News, stories, interviews, guides, dreamy travel and fun.