Andalucía, a favourite site of invasion by The Moors and international holidaymakers for hundreds of years; There must be good reason. With many things that make this charmed part of Spain wonderful, there are also a few we love to hate.
1. The sun. Wearing sandals in November makes us smile.
2. Jamon- Huelva in Andalucía is home to the famous Jamon de Bellota. OK, not so suitable for the plant based crowd, but still a fantastic delicacy.
3. White Sangria- An amazing take on the classic sangria, often made with apples. Try it, you will love it.
4. White villages like Arcos de La Frontera. Charming and rustic, definitely worth a trip.
5. Flamenco: Stomping and clapping are two of our favourite things. The outfits are not bad either.
1. The heat in August (Seriously, it can get too hot. Think summer in Seville.)
2. Tapas- Sorry, it’s not that we don’t love the food it’s just that we don’t like to share.
3. The culture of being late – although, the Spanish are so charming we have to forgive them
4. Sunday closing- Come on who doesn’t want to do a bit of shopping on Sundays?
5. Siestas- The only reason we don’t like siestas is because we don’t get a chance to have them. Nothing beats a good nap in the day.
What are the things you love to hate about Andalucía? We think you will agree, it’s not a bad place to be, with 300 days of sunshine per year, steeped in history, culture and good times. See you here next summer?
The Swish team x