Company retreats are a great way to build team morale and motivate employees. At Swish, we love receiving corporate guests and our villas make for a truly unforgettable time out of the office. However, there are a few things you should avoid doing on a work trip in Marbella so that everyone can have a good time and you can return home without any damage to your health or your career!
Here are 16 things you should never do on a company retreat in Marbella.
- Don’t forget your manners: iPhones away at dinner please, yes even if it’s work.
- Don’t forget to pack your sunscreen! The sun in Marbella is very strong and you will definitely want to protect yourself from getting sunburned. Red noses are not a good look.
- Don’t drink too much alcohol. It’s important to stay hydrated and not drink too much so that you can still enjoy all the activities and more importantly, remain professional.
- On that note, take photos by all means, but be careful what you post about your company on social media. Hashtag “away day” with a picture of you drinking champagne might look irresponsible to those in the office who didn’t get invited.
- Don’t be late for activities. It’s rude to keep everyone waiting and it’ll just make you feel rushed and stressed.
- Don’t forget your camera! You’ll want to take lots of pictures to remember this trip by.
- Don’t overpack. You don’t want to have to lug around a heavy suitcase everywhere you go.
- Talking of packing, don’t forget your swimsuit! The beaches here are gorgeous and you’ll definitely want to take a dip at some point during your stay, even if that’s indoor. At some of our villas like Gratitude, there are indoor pools and spas to enjoy.
- Don’t monopolise the boss! If this is your only chance to meet the person in charge of the company, be polite, share ideas by all means, but don’t hang around them like a fly hoping for a promotion.
- Don’t get too friendly with other employees. Keep romance and business separate or you might be the next source of office gossip when you return.
- Avoid sharing long anecdotes over dinner about people the other employees won’t know. Yes, you had to be there- but remember they weren’t!!
- Avoid talking about your children or pets at length and showing photos of them to the group. No one else knows them.
- Never speak badly about the company to others at the event, (or at work, ever!)
- Don‘t hog the buffet. See point 1, manners!
- So, you’ve been to Marbella before? Don’t proclaim yourself an expert on Spain to score points, it’s not a competition!
- Avoid the embarrassment of forgetting your colleague’s names– try techniques to memorise people’s names after the first day, or if you need to, write them down, so you don’t make this awkward faux pas.
We hope these tips help you enjoy all that is on offer at Marbella’s best company retreats. Some of our villas are ideal for corporates to rent, with large shared spaces, plenty of facilities and an exotic location.
At Swish, we are here before, during and after your trip to help organise any aspect of luxury rentals in Marbella, for companies or individuals. Contact us for more information.